It was a Mother-Daughter Hack Day for Girls Learning Code
Yesterday saw Mozilla’s Toronto office hopping with girls, moms, aunts, neices, grandmothers, and mother-figures all learning the basics of code supported by the incredible mentors at Ladies Learning Code.
Girls Learning Code is less about “code” and more about changing the world – through teamwork, creativity, and, of course, technology.
Activities included making a family tree come to life with digital scrapbooking, using HTML and CSS to create a showcase for pictures and family videos using Tumblr, a lesson in photo editing using Pixlr, and learning how to create a family crest.
Those in the Toronto area can sign up now for the Father-Daughter Hack Day on June 15th.
- lmulderpost reblogged this from mozillawebmaker and added:
- julie15love likes this
- hoanghoustonpr likes this
- sarahpyo likes this
- ekuikui likes this
- mushunduzi reblogged this from mozillawebmaker
- maddedutech reblogged this from mozillawebmaker and added:
- somamdb likes this
- webbiednvr reblogged this from mozillawebmaker
- webbiednvr likes this
- yapenindonesia likes this
- theperfectlifedoesnotexist likes this
- angiesweetieswagg likes this
- blackandbritish likes this
- rossred16 likes this
- nikolas4007 likes this
- aceriderbetty likes this
- f055 likes this
- mumeditation likes this
- unamejoreducacion reblogged this from mozillawebmaker
- nnaokazu likes this
- dauvergneg likes this
- shanexcore likes this
- mozillawebmaker posted this